Washington Cider Week, Tacoma Style
- So…I’m a little behind this week. I meant to post this last week, so as to give you enough time to appropriate plan all of your cider activities. But there’s still time! It’s officially Washington Cider Week, September 5-15th. And the good news is, it’s actually longer than a week. Those smart cider people sure know what they’re doing. There are all kinds of fun cider-related events going on this week. If you love cider as much as I do, you’ll want to get to an event, or at least pick up one of your favorite local ciders to celebrate. I know I’ll be imbibing…in fact, I need one right now. It’s Monday, that’s reason enough.Check out all the Washington Cider Week events on their website, but here are some Tacoma-area cider activities to wet your whistle:
- Pint Defiance Events
Get daily cider tastes of all your local favorites, and stop by on Sunday, September 15 for a Sunday Cider Sampler from 11:30-4 p.m. to taste ciders from all over the country.
- Events and Ciders on Tap at the Red Hot
Tue Sept 10th, 5 p.m.
Whitewood Cider Co.
1. Old Fangled Heirloom Blend (100% WA grown blend of Jonathan, McIntosh, Gravenstein, & winesap. Dry & crisp w/clean citrus flavors)
2. South Sounder (100% South Sound community grown apples, flavors of apricot & green grape, tannic bite)
Wed Sept 11th, 5p.m.
Schilling Cider Night
1. Schilling Original (blend of 100% Washington apples w/light dry hopping of NW whole leaf hops)
2. Radler Session Cider (w/grapefruit & lemon)
Thu Sept 12th, 5 p.m.
Tieton Cider Night
*all Tieton Ciders made with blends of their own farm-grown fruits.
1. Apricot (crisp, tartness of apricot, notes of fresh and dried apricot)
2. Cherry (A well balanced apple cider blended with Cherry w/big mouth feel & long finish)
3. Wild WA Apple (w/pineapple aroma & pronounced mineral quality that gives the cider a lively mouth feel. Notes of green apple & preserved lemon)
4. Yakima Valley Dry Hop (aroma of fruit-forward nuttyness followed by a citrusy palate)
5. Special Surprise Randallized Cider